College Hoops

Alabama has slim chance to beat UCONN in March Madness Final Four

Alabama has slim chance to beat UCONN in March Madness Final Four

Alabama Crimson Tide basketball has made it to the Final Four, the first in the program’s history. This March Madness run has been memorable for head coach Nate Oats and his team, but they now face the tough task of taking on the UCONN Huskies with a trip to the national championship on the line in Phoenix.

Star players for Alabama like mark sears, Grant Nelson, Nick Pringle and even Jarin Stevenson have played huge roles in getting this team this far in the tournament. UCONN, a No. 1 seed, has been a juggernaut and looks practically unbeatable.

ESPN’s advanced analytics broke down the chance each team has to win this game. In short, it does not look good for the Tide.

The Huskies have a 71.6% chance of advancing past the Final Four, which gives Alabama only a 28.4% chance of keeping its national championship hopes alive.

Alabama recently received some good news from guard Latrell Wrightsell, who has been out since the round of 32 with a head injury. He told reporters that he plans on returning and playing against UCONN.

When will Alabama Basketball and UCONN tip off in the Final Four?

On Saturday, April 6, 2024, at 8:49 p.m. ET, the Crimson Tide and Huskies will get things underway in Phoenix.

The winner of this matchup will go on to face the winner of No. 1 Purdue Boilermakers and No. 4 NC State Wolfpack for a national title.

Contact/Follow us @RollTideWire on X, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Alabama news, notes and opinion. You can also follow AJ Spurr on X @SpurrFM. 

Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at Basketball | Roll Tide Wire…