SACRAMENTO, Calif. – No. 2-seed UCLA (30-5) will return to action this Saturday evening against No. 7-seed Northwestern in a second-round meeting of the 2023 NCAA Tournament. UCLA’s game will begin at approximately 5:40 p.m. (PT) and will be nationally televised on TNT. In addition, the Bruins’ radio broadcast for Saturday’s game will be available in the greater Los Angeles area on AM 570.
The winner of Saturday evening’s game will advance to the NCAA Tournament’s “Sweet 16” in the West Region (with regional semifinal contests lined up next week at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas).
Venue: Golden 1 Center (Sacramento, Calif.)
Game Time: approximately 5:40 p.m. (PT)
TV Talent: Brad Nessler (play-by-play), Brendan Haywood (analyst), Dana Jacobson (sideline)
Radio Broadcast (UCLA Sports Network): AM 570
Radio Talent: Josh Lewin (play-by-play), Tracy Murray (analyst)
Westwood One Radio: Ryan Radtke (play-by-play), Dan Dickau (analyst)
SIRIUS XM, SIRIUS XM App Channels: SIRIUS Channels are TBD
UCLA VERSUS NORTHWESTERN
The Bruins have compiled a 4-1 all-time record against Northwestern. These two programs last faced each other early in the 2013-14 basketball season. UCLA defeated Northwestern, 95-79, in the second game of the Continental Tire Las Vegas Invitational, played at Orleans Arena in Las Vegas (on Nov. 29, 2013). Kyle Anderson totaled 16 points, nine rebounds, nine assists and four steals in the Bruins’ victory over Northwestern that night. The first four meetings in the all-time series took place prior to the 1969-70 season. UCLA has never faced Northwestern in the NCAA Tournament.
ABOUT THE BRUINS
• UCLA has totaled 30 wins this season, the highest total of any high-major conference team.
• The Bruins have gone 30-5, logging the program’s largest win total since going 31-5 in 2016-17.
• The Bruins won the Pac-12 regular-season title for the first time since 2013 (UCLA’s 32nd conference title).
• UCLA has won 13 of its last 14 games, including an 86-53 victory versus No. 15-seed UNC Asheville on Thursday.
• The Bruins recorded a 14-game winning streak and one 12-game winning streak during the 2022-23 season.
• The Bruins tied the Pac-12 Conference record for most victories in league play (18).
• UCLA notched its first…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at UCLA…