Friday, March 17 | 5:30 p.m. (MT)
#2 Utah (25-4, 15-4 Pac-12) vs #15 Gardner-Webb (29-4; 18-0 Big South)
Location: Jon. M Huntsman Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Radio: ESPN700 KALL | Listen Live Click Here
Live Stats: Click Here
HOW TO TUNE IN
Fans can watch the game on ESPNU with Elise Woodward and Dan Hughes calling the action. The radio call will be on ESPN 700 KALL, with Bill Riley handling play-by-play and Milee Enger as analyst. Live stats are on UtahUtes.com.
•Tickets to all NCAA Tournament First and Second Round Games are available online at UtahTickets.com or by calling 801-581-8849.
HEAR FROM HEAD COACH LYNNE ROBERTS
We’re excited to be at home. This is just such a great opportunity and we’re grateful that we are here. And as I’ve shared many times, losing at Texas, they were the 2 seed last year, in the second round, to them, we’ve all had our sights on this in terms of the opportunity to host. As you asked the players, the advantage that it is, that doesn’t mean it’s a given that you win or it’s easy to win ever in this tournament. But certainly we are appreciative of the opportunity to host and we hope we have some great crowds. And we’re playing a really good team on Friday. Gardner-Webb’s good. They have won 21 games in a row. That’s really hard to do. I don’t care what league you’re in, that is really hard to do. They’re very well coached. They play super hard. So it’s not going to be easy. Those are dangerous teams, when they come in with that kind of confidence, upperclassmen, kind of nothing to lose in the regard of they’re not favored to win. Those are dangerous teams. So they have our attention, for sure. They have our team’s attention. We’ll be ready to go tomorrow.
UTES IN THE NCAA TOURNAMENT
• Utah was selected as the No. 2 seed, the highest seeding in school history.
• The Utes have earned back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances since the 2008 and 2009 this season.
• Utah has made the 19 total NCAA Tournament appearances.
• Utah has only made the NCAA Tournament as a Pac-12 member one time before and it was the 2021-22 season.
• This is the third time the NCAA Women’s Tournament has been in Salt Lake City. The first time was in 2000-01 and then later in 2010-11.
QUICK NOTES FOR THIS WEEK
- Utah’s No. 2 seed is…
Click Here to Read the Full Original Article at University of Utah Athletics…