Thursday, January 26, 2023
 Purdue (19-1, 7-1) vs. Michigan (11-8, 5-3)
Ann Arbor, Michigan | Crisler Center (12,707)
TELEVISION: FS1 | RADIO: Purdue Sports Network
ANNOUNCERS: Jason Benetti, Bill Raftery
THE NOTES TO KNOW
• Purdue returns to the road for the fifth time in its last seven games when it heads to Ann Arbor for a Thursday night tilt with Michigan. Leaving a day early because of an impending snowstorm, Purdue will have been on the road for 12 of the last 23 days, starting with the Jan. 4, departure to Ohio State. During that span, the Boilermakers have won all four road games by a total of 38 points.
• After Thursday’s game, Purdue will finish the season with six home games in its final 10 Big Ten games.
• A win over Michigan would give Purdue wins at Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State for the first time since the 1997-98 season. Purdue hasn’t won on the road at Michigan and Michigan State since the 2010-11 season.
• Purdue’s 19-1 record is the program’s best 19-game start in school history. A win over Michigan will give Purdue a 20-1 record through 21 games, just the fifth time since 2000 that a Big Ten team would start 19-1 (2019 Michigan; 2013 Michigan; 2011 Ohio State; 2005 Illinois).
• Purdue’s 5-0 start on the road in Big Ten play is the league’s best since Purdue started 7-0 on the road to start the 2017-18 Big Ten season.
• A win over Michigan will give Purdue a 9-1 record at the halfway point of the league season. Purdue has had just one loss at the halfway point of league play six times in the last 53 seasons (2018 – 12-0; 2008 – 8-1; 1990 – 8-1; 1988 – 8-1; 1987 – 8-1; 1984 – 8-1).
• Purdue can claim America’s best resume, being one of two teams in America (Kansas) with seven quad-1 wins, five of them against teams ranked in the NCAA Net’s top 30 (Gonzaga, Ohio State, West Virginia, Marquette, Duke). Six of the wins (Marquette) have come away from home.
• After being one of the final two teams in the country with zero losses (New Mexico was last), Purdue is now one of three teams nationally with just one loss (Purdue, Florida Atlantic, College of Charleston). Purdue is one of three high-major programs with two or fewer losses (Purdue, Alabama, Kansas State).
• Purdue has MADE 312 free throws this season, while opponents have SHOT just…