MILWAUKEE – MSOE women’s basketball welcomed NACC leading St. Norbert to the Kern Center in hopes of handing SNC their first loss of conference play. The Raiders couldn’t put the ball in the basket in the first half though while the Green Knights offense was too much to come back against in the second half during a 16 point loss on Wednesday.
St. Norbert – 67
MSOE RAIDERS – 51
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The MSOE (4-14, 3-8 NACC) offense just wasn’t there in the first half. The Raiders scored only 13 points in the opening two frames which isn’t something you can do against a team with a high powered offense like St. Norbert (15-3, 11-0). The first place Green Knights put up 27 on their end and led by 14 at the break.
- The Red & White didn’t stay cold all night though. In one of their most productive quarters of the season, the Raiders netted 23 in the third off of 64.3 percent shooting from the field and 4-of-7 from downtown. Skylar Flanagan paced MSOE in the frame with ten on her own.
- The offense carried over to the fourth quarter as well which saw Mahima Chokshi take the lead with eight of her team high 16. The problem was that the Raiders defense wasn’t able slow SNC down. The Green Knights tallied 40 second half points and coasted to a 16 point victory inside the Kern Center.
- The Raiders haven’t been able to notch one in the win column against the Green Knights in their short series history. MSOE is now 0-4 against SNC all time.
- The Red & White had three in double figures tonight. Freshman Mahima Chokshi led the team with 16 points and was followed by Skylar Flanagan with 12 and Ella Mensen with 10.
WHO’S ON DECK
The Raiders will hit the road on Saturday when they travel to the state capital to take on Edgewood. Game time from Madison is scheduled for 4:15 pm.