While Miami had five players with 12-plus points, no Seminole exceeded that number. Redshirt junior guard Caleb Mills paced the team with 12, but the Hurricanes held him to 4-of-12 shooting. Junior center Naheem McLeod logged 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting and sophomore guard Matthew Cleveland posted 10 points.
The Hurricanes now take on Pittsburgh in their third consecutive road game, with action slated for Saturday at 4 p.m., live on ESPNU from the Petersen Events Center in Pittsburgh.
MIAMI HURRICANES POSTGAME NOTES
– With his 112th win in ACC play, Larrañaga passed Terry Holland, whom he worked for as an assistant for 11 years, for sole possession of the No. 10 spot on the ACC all-time leaderboard.
– The prior largest road win in series history was 18 by Florida State, 75-57, on 2/1/17, while the previous top mark for Miami was 16 points, 65-49, on 2/22/05.
– Miami’s nine first-half 3-pointers tied for its eighth-most in a half, including its co-sixth-most before the break and co-fifth-most in league play, in the program’s ACC era (since 2004-05).
– The Hurricanes first-half made field goals matched their 10th-highest total in a half in the ACC era, including their co-fifth-most in the first frame and co-third-most in league action.
– Miami logged 14 assists in the first half, its most in a frame this season, to post its co-seventh-most in a half in the ACC era, including its co-fifth-most before the intermission and co-second-most in league play.
– The last time the Hurricanes shot over 60 percent from the floor in a half was in the second session on 1/14/23 at NC State, when it posted a 61.9 percent (13-of-21) clip.
– Miami last scored 50-plus points in a half on 12/17/22 when it logged 54 after the break against St. Francis (PA).
– The only other team Miami led by 28-plus points this season was Louisville, which it held a 32-point edge against on 12/4/22 on the road.
– Tuesday marked the second straight game in the Miami/Florida State series with a halftime margin of 24-plus points, as the Seminoles led, 43-19, on 1/22/22 at the Watsco Center in an eventual 61-60 victory.
– Two of Florida State’s last three defeats in ACC play by 23-plus points are against Miami, as the Hurricanes notched a 71-47 home victory on 1/27/13 and Wake Forest tallied a 71-46 home triumph on 2/9/13.