Maine @ Central Connecticut State
Current Records: Maine 3-1; Central Connecticut State 0-5
What to Know
The Maine Black Bears will face off against the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils on the road at 3:30 p.m. ET Wednesday at William H. Detrick Gymnasium. The neutral point spread forecasts a close one for these two.
Maine made easy work of the Columbia Lions last Friday and carried off a 93-70 win.
Meanwhile, it was close but no cigar for the Blue Devils as they fell 78-76 to the UMBC Retrievers on Sunday.
Maine is now 3-1 while Central Connecticut State sits at 0-5. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Maine comes into the matchup boasting the 10th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 52.80%. Less enviably, Central Connecticut State has allowed their opponents to shoot 49.80% from the floor on average, which is the 351st highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: William H. Detrick Gymnasium — New Britain, Connecticut
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The game is expected to go down to the wire, as the oddsmakers have this as a pick ’em.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Blue Devils as a 1-point favorite.
Central Connecticut State have won four out of their last six games against Maine.
- Nov 23, 2021 – Central Connecticut State 64 vs. Maine 56
- Dec 07, 2019 – Maine 66 vs. Central Connecticut State 64
- Dec 22, 2018 – Central Connecticut State 93 vs. Maine 90
- Dec 20, 2017 – Central Connecticut State 84 vs. Maine 57
- Nov 30, 2016 – Central Connecticut State 82 vs. Maine 61
- Nov 29, 2015 – Maine 81 vs. Central Connecticut State 74