Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope you’re well.
Let’s get right to it.
Good morning to everyone but especially to…
THE BUFFALO BILLS…
It’s that time of year again. The NFL is back this week — tomorrow night(!) to be specific — and it’ll feature the number one and number four teams in . That’s right: The Bills have taken over the top spot, while the reigning Super Bowl-champion Rams are fourth.
- Prisco: “The Bills showed in their playoff loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in January — I promise I won’t use the phrase ’13 seconds’ that much anymore — that they can play with anybody on the big stage. … The Bills seem to have gained a ton of swagger from that gut-wrenching loss, which is rare, but that’s the feel you get from the Bills after spending time around the team. They now know. That’s a big difference from thinking it.”
Here’s the top five:
The Saints are the biggest leapers since Pete’s last Power Rankings, going from 23rd to seventh. The Broncos, meanwhile, are one of the most hyped teams this season after acquiring Russell Wilson, but they’re down from eighth to 17th. “I still see them as the fourth team in the division,” Pete says. That’s a bit of a surprise to me, but we’ll find out soon enough!
… AND ALSO A GOOD MORNING TO THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS
It’s clear that no one left a better impression in Week 1 than Georgia. The Bulldogs, after dismantling then-No. 11 Oregon 49-3, are up from No. 3 to No. 2 in , leapfrogging Ohio State despite the Buckeyes’ 21-10 win over then-No. 5 Notre Dame.
Here’s the top five, with first-place votes and last week’s rank in parentheses:
- 1. Alabama (44) (previous rank: 1)
- 2. Georgia (17) (prev: 3)
- 3. Ohio State (2) (prev: 2)
- 4. Michigan (prev: 8)
- 5. Clemson (prev. 4)
Oregon, meanwhile, fell completely out of the top 25 and Utah went from No. 7 to No. 13 after losing at Florida. The Gators — unranked a week ago — are now 12th ahead of a big clash with No. 20 Kentucky. Florida is also No. 14 in .
- Dodd: “Whatever deficiencies the Gators may have this season, Anthony Richardson looks poised to mitigate most of them. My goodness, he was clearly the difference against a stout Utah team as…