CHAMPAIGN, Ill. – The Big Ten announced the complete 2022-23 conference women’s basketball schedule on Wednesday, Sept. 7, completing the Fighting Illini’s slate for the upcoming season.
The 2022-23 campaign will be the first under head coach Shauna Green and her staff. Illinois’ squad will feature eight newcomer players as well as a new era of Fighting Illini women’s basketball is underway.
- Illinois women’s basketball is slated for an 18-game conference schedule with nine home games and nine on the road.
- This season marks the fourth time in the last five seasons that the B1G will play an 18-game women’s basketball schedule, and the 21st time overall since 1982-83.
- Six Big Ten squads appeared in the 2021-22 NCAA Women’s Basketball Tournament, including: Iowa (Second Round), Nebraska (First Round), Michigan (Elite Eight), Maryland (Sweet 16), Ohio State (Sweet 16) and Indiana (Sweet 16).
- The Illini will face off against five teams twice. Those programs are: Indiana, Rutgers, Northwestern, Minnesota and Nebraska.
- Weekend conference games inside State Farm Center include: Sunday, Jan. 1 vs. Iowa, Sunday, Jan. 29 vs. Northwestern, Sunday, Feb. 5 vs. Minnesota and Sunday, Feb. 19 vs. Penn State.
- UI opens conference play at Indiana on Dec. 4 before hosting Rutgers on Dec. 7.
- After the opening week of B1G play, Illinois will knock out its remaining three non-conference games: at Butler (Dec. 11), at Missouri (Dec. 18) and hosting Florida Atlantic (Dec. 21).
- Illinois’ regular-season finale is Sunday, Feb. 26 at Rutgers.
- The Big Ten Tournament is scheduled for March 1-5 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minn.
Tickets for the 2022-23 Illini women’s basketball season – including the popular women’s basketball/volleyball combo pack – are on sale now. Women’s basketball season tickets start at just $40 with the combo pack available for as low as $80.