UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – The Penn State men’s basketball team, winner of three of its last four games, hosts Nebraska Sunday night in the Nittany Lions’ regular-season home finale at the Bryce Jordan Center. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. on the Big Ten Network. The 2021-22 Penn State men’s basketball season is presented by Highmark Health.
- Penn State and Nebraska meet for the only time this regular season when the Nittany Lions host the Huskers in the regular-season home finale Sunday evening.
- Penn State has won three of its last four games and the Nittany Lions are 10-4 in the Bryce Jordan Center this season.
- Four Nittany Lions are averaging double-digit points, led by Jalen Pickett’s 12.9 ppg. Seth Lundy (12.3 ppg) and Sam Sessoms (11.6 ppg) follow, while John Harrar is averaging a double-double with 10.7 ppg and 10.2 rpg.
IF PENN STATE BEATS NEBRASKA
- The Nittany Lions would improve to 11-4 inside the BJC this season.
- Penn State would earn its third-straight win over the Huskers and fifth in the last six meetings.
SCOUTING THE HUSKERS
- Nebraska sits in last place in the Big Ten with a 1-16 conference mark that is part of a 7-21 overall record.
- The Huskers’ lone conference victory came at home against Minnesota in a 78-65 win on Feb. 9.
- Nebraska gives up a league-worst 79.61 points per game.
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year candidate Bryce McGowens leads the Huskers with 16.6 points per game, while Alonzo Verge Jr. follows with 13.8 points per contest.
- Penn State and Nebraska meet for the only time during the regular-season Sunday night.
- The Nittany Lions own a 13-10 advantage in the all-time series, including a 7-2 mark against the Huskers in Happy Valley.
- Penn State has won four of the last five meetings between the two teams.
- The Nittany Lions and Huskers split last season’s regular-season series, with the road team winning each contest. The two squads then met in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament, with Penn State overcoming a 14-point halftime deficit to come back for the 72-66 win in Indianapolis.
- Penn State outscored Nebraska 49-29 in the second half, thanks in part to a 20-for-24 effort from the charity stripe.
- Penn State honored is seven-member senior class ahead of Friday night’s win over…